Wednesday, August 2, 2017

He is Everywhere!

"I can never escape from your Spirit!  I can never get away from your presence!  If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there.  If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.   I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.  To you the night shines as bright as day.  Darkness and light are the same to you."  Psalm 139:7-12 NLT

What a comfort it is to know that you can never be out of God's sight!  No matter where you go, to the highest peak or the deepest valley, He is there!  In our physical world He can be seen in the beauty of the sunrise and sunset, the sound of the wind, the smell of the ocean, and the smile of a child. 

You can't outrun Him and you can't hide in the most remote place on earth because He is there.  And He doesn't just watch, no, not at all!  He listens, He speaks, He comforts, and He loves.  If you are broken, He is there to mend the pieces, and if you are filled with joy, He laughs and sings with you!  When He smiles our hearts know it.

He doesn't want you to be without Him.  He made you for Himself.  He wants you!  Never lose sight of that, dear Reader, He wants you--with all of His heart, no matter what place you are in, He won't leave you.  As a matter of fact, just the opposite.  As you draw near to Him, He draws near to you (James 4:8)!  So enjoy today and remember, there is no place you can go that He isn't already there, so smile and give Him thanks for keeping such a watchful eye on you.  He loves you more than you will ever realize.

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! So uplifting. You write so magnificently that you should write a book of all these. Your and God's words gave me comfort this day, eased my pain, gave me ongoing hope. Thank you both!! Love you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Micki, I very much appreciate your comments. God's words are almost always comforting, we just have to read them and study them to know that. I love you too!

      Delete
  2. What can I say, but this is the icing on the cake for me today. I read this one this morning after reading the first two from this month. This is so encouraging. I am loving the way you are taking Psalm 139 and applying it to our lives. You have done an awesome job with it.
    So now, I will go into the day, facing it, and knowing that I am never alone. Wherever I am, God is there also. He never leaves me alone.

    P.S. Have you ever thought about doing a devotional for adults on your favourite scriptures? Just a question that came to my mind as I read the three in August on Psalm 139.

    I love you, Deirdre.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it comforting to know we can't outrun or out-hide Him? I was meditating on the verse about Him holding the entire universe in the span of His hand, and I thought about all the stars and galaxies and solar systems there are, billions of them, and they fit into His hand! Imagine His enormity! And yet He sees US in that busy universe and wants to spend time with US!! We are so blessed, aren't we? I'll take your suggestion of an adult devotion to prayer and let you know. I love you, Pat!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know if this post has made you think or helped you. To comment, just click the word Comment; even if it has a zero before it.. Please leave a message. BE SURE TO PREVIEW FIRST SO THAT YOUR COMMENT IS ACCEPTED, AND TYPE IN THE WORD VERIFICATION. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

On Name/URL tab, just type name (URL is optional)